Changsha Pioneering district on the west bank of Xiangjiang river renamed as New Xiangjiang district
Discussed by the CPC Hunan Provincial Committee and approved by the Hunan Provincial People's Government, the Changsha Pioneering District on the West Bank of Xiangjiang River was renamed as New Xiangjiang District on June 9. The planning area of the new district covers 1,200 square kilometers. Member of the Standing Committee of the CPC Hunan Provincial Committee and Secretary of the CPC Changsha Municipal Committee Yi Lianhong and Vice Governor of Hunan Province He Baoxiang attended the plate-conferring ceremony.
Since the founding of the pioneering district in 2008, more than 570 billion yuan has been invested in over 1700 projects, covering road traffic, municipal facilities, public services, ecological environment and various industries. A built-up urban area of 50 square kilometers has been constructed, making it the veritable new economic center in Hunan. By 2025, the New Xiangjiang District will strive to achieve a GDP of one trillion yuan, with the urbanization rate reaching 80 percent and the added value of high and new technology industries increasing by over 20 percent every year on average.