CPC representative confident of children education in China’s rural area
With education for children in China’s rural area having been dramatically improved in recent years, children in those area will enjoy equal education rights with those from China’s urban area, a representative of Communist Party of China (CPC) said Sunday on the sideline of the 19th CPC National Congress. 
 
“I have been working in rural area for over 20 years, and I have seen that kids in these areas now are receiving much better education than before,” said Huang Junqiong, a primary school teacher from Jianggu Town, Zhenyuan County of south China’s Guizhou Province. “With teachers’ ongoing efforts, I believe children in rural areas of China will all get equal education with children in urban areas of China.”
 
Huang was echoed by Li Xigui, headmaster of Beijing No.11 school, who once worked for a county-level middle school.
 
“When I worked in a county-level school 30 years ago, only 20% or 30% students in a class were girls, while the rest 70% or 80% were boys. But now educations for girls in those areas are not a big issue any more. Both boys and girls are treasures,” Li said.
 
Currently working in a village school located in north party of Haidian district in Beijing, Li said sometimes there are more girls than boys in a class, which makes him feel confident about future education for kids in rural area, especially for girls. 
 
China has been making efforts to promote education equality in recent years. In another press conference on the sideline of the Congress, China’s Education Minister Chen Baosheng said that the target to make sure “no kids would drop out because of financial difficulty of family” has almost been fulfilled. 
 
“More than 90% disabled children are now receiving education and over 80% migration children can attend school in local cities now. The number of migration children who can attend college entrance examination in local city has also been hugely enlarged than five years ago,” said Li. 
 
In China, students are supposed to take the college entrance examination, or gaokao, in their birthplace, or the place of their household registration. 

Related Stories
Share this page
Touched Sympathetic Bored Angry Amused Sad Happy No comment

Tesla reaffirms effort to build cars in ChinaBeijing to build 250,000 shared ownership homes, pricing, rights sharing still unclearChina's shared charger sector to witness survival of the fittestPrimary school kids in Beijing amaze netizens with advanced research worksCPC Central Committee plenum makes full preparation for key congressChina's express delivery sector may finally adjust price upward: analystsMobike mulls launch of electric bike-sharing business: reportChina's online education providers succeed in fund-raising despite lossesChina catches up with US in applications as funding floods its AI sectorChina hastens the world toward an electric-car future
< Prev Next >